“Thank you very much for your invaluable professional help and counsel during this awful time. I truly wish that I had the money to pay you for all your services above and beyond the call of duty. I am deeply heartened by your devotion to your work and integrity.” From the wife of a client accused of possession/distribution of indecent images of children
I am a self-employed freelance criminal defence solicitor with McCormacks Law, one of London’s leading criminal defence law firms. Whilst I deal with general crime the vast majority of the cases I deal with are allegations of sexual offences. A high percentage of my clients are professionals whose livelihoods would be at risk if they were cautioned or convicted of any offence. As a result most of my clients instruct me on a private basis because they want the best possible service which is tailor made for them
As well as having my own caseload I am regularly instructed by some of UK’s leading private criminal defence firms to advise/represent their clients at police stations throughout the UK particularly in relation to sexual offences.
“I do not believe that I have ever come across a more impressively handled set of interviews by any solicitor in any case. Thank God you were there.” From Ms Sarah Forshaw QC one of UK’s leading ‘silks’
Get in touch with Max immediately +447770267894
Below are just some examples of the cases I have dealt with recently
- 17 year old found not guilty of murder following a 3 week trial
- Client charged with 8 counts of rape. We request that the police examine the complainants mobile phone as it may contain evidence which supports our clients defence. Having examined the phone the prosecution drop all 8 charges.
- Fraud/money llaundering involving £500,000. Out of 5 defendants my client was the only one found not guilty after a 4 week trial at Croydon Crown Court. Other defendants received lengthy prison sentences (Thanks Max. I do not know how to ever thank you for all your support during a real low point in our lives. Thanks seems such an empty word but I know you realise it is from the heart.)
- School boy accused of sexual assault on a fellow pupil on school premises. Found not guilty at Thames Youth Court (Hi max! On behalf of X and my family I would like to thank you for the support and guidance and excellent job you have done. We were so pleased with the results. We were already accepting a different fate but fighting proved worthwhile and we could not have done it without you so thank you”)
- Servitude (modern slavery)- Both clients found not guilty at Worcester Crown Cour
- Murder-Client found not guilty of murder and manslaughter at Central Criminal Court
- Rape of ex-girlfriend |(Sutton Police Statin)- Police take no further action after lengthy investigation
- Rape (Sutton Police Station)-University lecturer accused of rape by another lecturer. Police take no further action. (“I want to thank you for the advice and support you gave me today at the police interview. I wouldn’t have been able to be calm and measured in my responses without your timely interventions. I will reflect on your wise words after we left the police station”)
- GBH (Holborn Police Station)- Police take no further action against 3 brothers. I advised all 3 at the police station.
- Conveying a prohibited article (class A drugs) into prison. Client found not guilty Chelmsford Crown Court
- Fraud involving £167,000. Out of 5 defendants my client was the only one found not guilty at Lewes Crown Court. Other 4 defendants received prison sentences
- Breach of non-molestation order-Client found not guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court
- Harassment-Client found not guilty
- Client found not guilty of perverting the course of justice at Inner London Crown Court.
- Client accused of assaulting his wife. Police take no further action
- Attempting to cause GBH with intent-Not guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court
- Wife accused of assaulting her husband with a frying pan. Police at Colindale police station took no further action
- Client accused of common assault x 2. Found not guilty“
I am very passionate about my work and look after my clients. I like to think that I ‘go the extra mile’ for every client.
“I am sure you often hear people declare that they hope never to need your services, a sentiment I was going to express due to your preferred areas of expertise, but you have been so helpful with this rather trivial matter that you have guaranteed that I will contact you immediately should some serious charge be placed at our door. I really appreciate your time and effort.”
My areas of practice are predominantly London, Essex and Kent, but due to high demand, I have dealt with cases on a national level in: Birmingham dealing with a fraud case), Brighton (murder), Canterbury (importation of drugs), Dover (importation of drugs), Gloucester (rape), Guildford (possession and distribution of indecent images), Halifax (fraud case), High Wycombe (number of matters including rape, possession of indecent images and, assault) Leicester (murder), Lewes (people trafficking, fraud, possession of drugs with intent to supply etc.) Luton (rape), Maidstone (Dealing with murder, rape, with conspiracy to rob and others) Manchester (theft, sexual assault) Margate (importation of drugs), Milton Keynes (Benefit fraud, assault), Newbury (assault) Newport (Mortgage fraud, conspiracy to rob, theft etc), Sheffield (Dealing with cultivation of cannabis) Southampton (Dealing with possession of indecent images),St Albans (murder), Stoke On-Trent (Dealing with a murder case) and Worcester (modern day slavery, possession of drugs with intent to supply-2 clients found not guilty in March.
You can contact me directly on 07770267894 for an initial consultation. You can also email me at email@example.com or use the contact form below:-
Get in touch to see if I can help